The H&F Youth Council are the voice of young people in the borough. They give their (and other young people’s) views and experiences on key issues including mental health, staying safe, sexual health and relationships, the environment and climate change and the opportunities and support that are available.
The new Youth Mayor and Member of Youth Parliament will lead the Youth Council in making the voices of young people as strong as they can be.
Our Youth Mayor will also support the Mayor of H&F’s (Councillor PJ Murphy)’s charity and accompany him to events, whilst the Member of Youth Parliament also shares the views and experiences of young H&F, across London and the UK.
The opportunity is open to all young people aged 11-18 (up to 25 for young people with additional needs and care leavers) and is great for young people who:
- Care about their borough and making things the best they can be for themselves and other young people
- Want something positive to add to their CV, experiences and references.
- Are looking for volunteering opportunities,
- Want to meet other young people from across the borough
- Would like to benefit from Reward programme in place
The Youth Council currently meet virtually every Tuesday at 5pm in Term Time.
There will be a virtual information and support session for all young people interested in getting involved on Tuesday 11 January at 6pm.
Click here for an insight into what what being a youth councillor involves.