Successful Neighbourhood Improvement Project (NIP) Bid
I’m writing to let you know that the NIP bid to improve the grassed areas of the Flora Gardens Estate was successful.
The bid was submitted by your Flora Gardens Tenants & Residents Association (TRA) and the resident-led Investment Group decided to fully fund the project.
Who will be doing the works and what will be done
The improvements will be done by Idverde, our grounds maintenance contractor.
- Removal of existing concrete bollards in front of flats 7-12 and installation of a low fence to enclose the grass verges ( including access gates).
- Creation of a community garden space inside each verge including planting and path turf.
- Improvement of the existing communal green space on the estate.
These improvements will:
- Reduce dog fouling and increase ownership by the residents living on the estate
- Enhance Flora Gardens grassed areas
- Encourage resident participation on the communal garden
- Introduce more planting and increase biodiversity
Our green spaces and our environment have become even more important during this year with many of us spending more time at home and we hope that you’ll agree that this project will help to improve your community garden.
The works are due to start at the beginning of March 2021.
These improvements wouldn’t be happening if it wasn’t for your TRA submitting a bid and the resident-led Investment Group approving funding for this project. You can get involved with your local TRA by contacting the Resident Involvement team. They are always looking for more of their neighbours to work together to improve the Flora Gardens Estate for everyone.
We also have several vacancies on the Investment Group that awarded funding to this project. If you would be interested in helping us to invest more in our community spaces on estates, small blocks and sheltered housing schemes, please do get in touch!
We look forward to working with you on this project and if you have any questions or queries, please contact us on 020 8753 6652 or email@example.com
Resident Involvement & Governance Manager